Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Long of It

Enough jibba-jabba, here's a longboard for Bodega Bay surf enthusiast Mike.
Mike is famously hard on his boards. Despite the hefty glass job on this 9'6" noseridin' special, I drew up a Bill of Longboard Rights upon order that looked something like this:
I, Mike, hereby pledge to take care of this surfboard most beautifully glassed by Fatty. I promise not to leave it on the top of my car, uncovered, when I spontaneously decide to drive to Tahoe for the weekend. I promise not to paddle out at Bobo with my dog perched on the deck. I also give my word that I will not attempt any ding repairs, as I have proven to suck at this, and instead I assure that I will bring my freshly damaged board straight to an industry professional."
The comp band is to prove that he's full of it when he claims a cheater five.

2 comments:

Erik Hakon Olson said...

Beautiful board! Really like that double bump broad diamond tail shape in the recession post too. Nice.

Jamie Murray said...

Thanks, Erik. The double bump looks like a fishier version of the diamond tail quad I just spied on your blog. Good stuff--your boards look insane!